When the Jaguar XK120 Roadster was first shown to the public it stunned the world with its gorgeous looks and its advanced design and mechanical features. This car has become one of the most alluring classic cars of all time and here we have a beauty in gleaming black paintwork with stunning burgundy and tan leather interior and matching plush burgundy carpet. This XK120 is one of the originals which has the chrome outside sidelights, the steel wheels, the hub caps and the removable spats covering the rear wheel arches, which really enhance the classic streamlined look of this very special car, it is known to be called “Grace in Motion”.
The original standard 3.4 litre straight six engine with alloy cylinder head and twin side draft SU carburettors and dual overhead-cam was comparatively advanced for a mass-produced unit. With standard 8:1 compression ratio it developed 160 bhp (119 kW) and due to this plus its streamlined body the XK120 became the world's fastest most beautiful machine for a standard production car at the time by getting up to an unheard of 120 mph (193 km/h) top speed hence the "120" in its name. The roadster version became a very popular race car, winning many races all over the world in its early years and it still continues to be raced to day in historic race meetings making it a crowd favourite.
This highly sought after 1950 Jaguar Xk120 Roadster represents outstanding value for such a classic car with immense history. Included in the sale is a spare original standard engine, two tonneau covers and two soft tops (one brand new) in both tan and black colours. Original XK120 service manuals. Receipts, albums, summary and information folders on all work carried out plus professional photos of the car.
Chassis Number: 660205
Engine No: W1972/7
Body No: F1609
Colour: Black Exterior, Burgundy and Tan Leather Interior
Registration: NSW Registration until 14 April 2019
Included with sale of car:
- 2 x Original Jaguar XK120 Service Manuals
- 1 x Stamp Album with receipts from 1970 -1982 (Ron Maskell)
- 1 x summary of work carried out 1970 – 1996 (Ron Maskell)
- 1 x Folder of Ron Maskell’s information
- 1 x Folder of XK120 information from 1996 onwards, including detailed engine work carried out by Bryant Engineering
- 6 x A4 photos • 1 x tan tonneau cover and 1 x convertible top (brand new). Also included are black tonneau cover and convertible top.
- Original engine to be sold with car – this is currently on a stand and located in Armidale.