We are delighted to present to you this magnificent 1961 Jaguar E-Type Roadster. An iconic car that has never ceased being as stunning looking as when it was first created. From its beautifully sculptured bonnet to the tips of its twin centered chrome exhausts, this gleaming red E-Type Roadster will take your breath away. After over five years of development and with some of this development coming from their successful racing C and D-Type versions, Jaguar finally launched the first E-Type (XKE) to the world in 1961 which further puts this 1961 E-Type Roadster into the special “hall of fame” category.
With its “smooth as” inline DOHC six cylinder engine that features triple (easy to tune) SU carburettors it produces 265 BHP and the sound this engine produces is just… Exquisite, with (of course) a capital “E”.
This remarkable Classic Car is in brilliant condition and has been carefully stored and lovingly looked after. Comes with the original copy of the complete official driver’s handbook, workshop manual, receipts for work carried out, information on the braking system and other, special tuning manual, wiring diagrams and an original Jaguar Heritage Certificate, making this is 1961 Jaguar E-Type Roadster one not to be missed.
Jaguar E-type Series 1 3.8 Litre Flat Floor
Chassis No: 876284
Engine No: R2868-9
Body No: R2573
Gearbox No: EB2014JS
Date of Manufacture: 1 December 1961
Colour: Red exterior, black upholstery
Included with sale of car:
- Information on Braking Systems and miscellaneous info on evolution of the 3.8
- Receipts for work carried out by previous owner 1997-2014
- QLD Registration to 3-March-2015 when it was purchased by current owner
- 1 x Original Jaguar Heritage Certificate
- An original copy of The Complete Official Jaguar “E: drivers handbook, workshop manual, special tuning manual.
- An original copy of Jaguar E Series 1, 3.8 Wiring Diagrams