This cracking classic has the upgraded 4.2 litre engine with increased torque which makes it more desirable as this engine and other connected mechanicals were completely redesigned and improved compared to the older 3.8 litre engine.
It also received many other upgrades including a fully synchromesh transmission, better clutch, improved engine cooling system, better seats and many other improvements.
A quintessential Coupe (fastback), with its stunning looks from the long iconic bonnet bulge to its perfectly sloping rear roofline is as classic as it gets. It is a car that you will be very proud to own and enjoy to drive.
Included in the sale are original receipts for work carried out, some dating back as far as 1965, registration papers going back many years, one extra set of spare keys, original copy of the “Complete Official “E” drivers handbook, workshop manual, special tuning manual and importantly the original Jaguar Heritage Certificate. This handsome 1965 Jaguar E-Type Coupe represents outstanding value that will only increase as time goes by.
Jaguar E-type Series 1 4.2 Litre
Chassis No: 1E 20902
Engine No: 7E 5187-8
Body No: 4E 22478
Gearbox No: EJ 4236
Date of Manufacture: 17th August 1965
Registration: VIC until 23-Jan-2016 when it was let lapse
Colour: A one off production line model with the black exterior/suede green leather interior combination ie not a special order model
Included with the sale of car:
- Receipts for work carried out from Bryson Industries 1965-1966
- Receipts for work carried out by previous owners up to Feb 2015
- Detailed receipts for work carried out by Geoff Leake in 2016
- Registration Papers going back many years
- 1 x Original Jaguar Heritage Certificate
- 1 x set spare keys • An original copy of The Complete Official Jaguar “E: drivers handbook, workshop manual, special tuning manual
- An original copy of Jaguar E Type Operation, Maintenance and Service Handbook